Saturday, February 13, 2016

Stress after college

The ZMET is an interesting and highly revealing test. Below is the photo that ended up on the top of my pile, after being asked to sort photos from least important, to most important. This photo make me feel the most at ease. Currently, school and work are stressful and making me crave the simple pleasures in life. I can only imagine that other students (most of you!) feel the same.

This photo is important to me, because it is quaint, it makes me imagine the smell of lavender, and the chairs and table imply conversation. It is interesting that this photo ended up on top, because it is undoubtedly the least stressful picture of the eight chosen to personify "life after college."

Some of the other photos I chose are below:
This photo represents the possibility of going to grad school. I like that the subject looks confident and serene.

This is Blair during a "hell of an" internship in the TV series Gossip Girl. This image resonated with me, as I apply for several internships on the East Coast.

This is my "girls night" image. It makes me smile and feel warm. It also makes me crave laughter and bubbly conversation with friends whom I haven't seen in too long!

This image represents the metropolitan city that my career path with likely (and hopefully) take me to. Although some may see the pollution and loud obnoxious buildings, I see opportunity and success.

This image represents travel. I had another with a man and woman traveling through Europe together that better depicts my plans. After graduation, I hope to spend at least two years abroad, using my German, visiting friends, and embracing/experiencing new cultures.

I would LOVE to hear a brief analysis of these photos. What underlying goals/desires/drives are prominent to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment